Researcher - SF
The Concord Group, one of the nation’s leading real estate consulting firms, is seeking candidates for part or full time research internships in our San Francisco office. With over 30 consultants in four offices (Newport Beach, San Francisco, Atlanta and New York), The Concord Group advises some of the nation's premier developers, home builders, financial institutions and municipalities worldwide on large land use, strategic development and financing decisions.
As a Research Intern, you will have primary responsibility over the research for a critical project regarding the future of Bay Area housing. You will also have the opportunity to work with our exceptional team of principals and consultants on a variety of projects, ranging from resorts, golf courses, and master-planned residential communities to office buildings and multifamily housing. This Research Internship is meant to provide a foundation in both consulting and the real estate industry, and will give you considerable exposure to the analytical tools needed to succeed in this competitive field. Research Interns will also gain significant knowledge and insight into Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and other critical research databases.
The Research Intern is integral to the daily operation of the firm, and will have an active role in supporting engagements, including:
- Primary research (online research and phone calls) on real estate subjects and entities in the Bay Area and around the globe
- Phone interviews with Real Estate professionals to gain insight into markets
- Creating reports and maps in Excel suitable for professional presentation
- Interacting with team members, principals and clients
To apply, please complete the linked application form with your cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Researcher position is a great opportunity for current students who desire to expand their knowledge of the real estate industry by gaining valuable experience in a strategic consulting environment.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Have or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Excellent quantitative, communication, and writing skills
- Outgoing and personable - Comfortable speaking with professionals over the phone and interacting with team members internally
- Ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in real estate economics and development is preferred
- Ability to work in our San Francisco office 2 to 5 days/week for a minimum of three months
Hourly compensation with expectation to work 2 to 5 days/week (per agreement, depending on schedule). Intern contracts will be reevaluated every few months based on performance.
The Concord Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.